conworlds.fun Forum Index conworlds.fun
A Community of Worldbuilders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fetus and I made a website ...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    conworlds.fun Forum Index -> Game Mechanics & Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nugan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Fetus and I made a website ... Reply with quote

For our RPGs:

Quote:
At Misery Tourism Games, we design role-playing games about vice, inhumanity and suffering. On this site you'll find terrible games about terrible people in terrible situations.

We don't design games to make a moral point or push an agenda. We don't design games to offend you or your sociology professor or your congressman. We do it because we believe there is fun to be had in exploring tragedy and depravity with your friends in the safety of your kitchen, den or mother's basement. Yes, fun. These are fun games. Or they should be.

Have fun.

http://www.miserytourism.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lyndon
Conjurer
Conjurer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read a bit of the Danse Macabre document, it sounds like a very interesting game to play!

The Student/Zombie one also sounds a bit interesting but sadly I am sure a lot of people would take offence to it.

I program quite a bit so ask me for help with any regards to it...
Blake
Demigod
Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I hope this takes off for you!

In interrogation/character building sounds clever.

How are you testing these?
Nugan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been playing them with our gaming group, but we'd love to have outside groups playtest them, if anyone is interested.

Lyndon wrote:
Read a bit of the Danse Macabre document, it sounds like a very interesting game to play!

Thanks Lyndon! Most of the response so far has been about Passing and student/ZOMBIE, so I'm glad someone is digging Danse Macabre

Lyndon wrote:
The Student/Zombie one also sounds a bit interesting but sadly I am sure a lot of people would take offence to it.

We definitely expected to offend some people. We would be more worried if our games didn't make people uncomfortable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quillwraith
Conjurer
Conjurer

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugan wrote:
I'm glad someone is digging Danse Macabre

I also find it particularly interesting.

Comments:
The section on who plays Death is a bit unclear.
Perhaps you could include an example?

When one's character dies, it seems to make the player more important, which seems a bit contrary to the theme.
Nugan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quillwraith wrote:

Comments:
The section on who plays Death is a bit unclear.
Perhaps you could include an example?

You're right. When I do a new draft, it will have more examples and probably a flowchart showing who plays Death when.

The short version: if you die at the end of a Life Scene, you start playing Death at the beginning of the next Life Scene. No one plays Death during the first scene.

Quillwraith wrote:

When one's character dies, it seems to make the player more important, which seems a bit contrary to the theme.

That's true, but only for one scene, after which even Death moves on. Everything in the game is supposed to be transient, so no one really gets to fully digest any role before its gone.
Nugan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since creating this thread, we've added two new games:

http://www.miserytourism.com/mentors/

http://www.miserytourism.com/welfarequeens/
chiarizio
Planewalker
Planewalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugan wrote:
Since creating this thread, we've added two new games:

http://www.miserytourism.com/mentors/

http://www.miserytourism.com/welfarequeens/

I like the fact that the "Welfare Queens" character-sheet has "martial status" instead of "marital status".

My father was a pathologist, and often had patients come in for a "pre-martial test". I supposed that they expected to fight a lot after marriage.
Nugan
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiarizio wrote:

I like the fact that the "Welfare Queens" character-sheet has "martial status" instead of "marital status".

My father was a pathologist, and often had patients come in for a "pre-martial test". I supposed that they expected to fight a lot after marriage.

Laughing

I totally missed that.

Now I'm not sure if I want to correct it or leave it that way.
chiarizio
Planewalker
Planewalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked. It’s still there. And you did leave it that way!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    conworlds.fun Forum Index -> Game Mechanics & Games All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: